BACKGROUND DESIGN

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Frappuccino Recipe


Above is one of the coffee art pieces I have hanging on my kitchen wall.  I LOVE COFFEE!  There is nothing more wonderful then the aroma of fresh brewed coffee first thing in the morning.  I am by no means a coffee connoisseur.  In fact, I admit I can't even drink it black.  I take mine with sugar and cream.  

One of my favorite summer afternoon drinks is iced coffee.  If I could afford it, I would be all over a Frappuccino.  That was actually a staple item for me before I got married, but these days it doesn't exactly fit into our budget. (These days even coffee itself barely fits in our budget!)  No problem, though, because I know how to make my own! And it tastes just as good!  

HomeMade Frappuccino

Cold coffee
Sugar
Milk (or half-n-half or cream)
Vanilla
Ice cubes

Fill a 12-ounce glass about 1/2 full of cold coffee.  Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and stir until all the sugar is dissolved.  Add enough milk until the coffee is a nice caramel color.  Add ice until the glass is about full.  Enjoy!!


Of course you can adjust the amounts to your taste - I use less sugar - but the key to the recipe is using cold coffee.  Otherwise, warm or even room temp coffee will cause the ice to melt quickly and then the drink is watery. I always have cold coffee on hand because I pour whatever coffee is leftover each morning into a pitcher and store it in the fridge.
Waste not, want not!! And what a delicious way to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment